Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The blog part of the Multi-Social-Media Shout-Out!

Hello to everyone who reads this blog. I recently ran a FundRazr campaign to raise some needed extra funds needed to attend a 10-day artist mentorship program in Wells, BC, Canada. I have heard about this mentorship for a few years now, and it sounds INCREDIBLE. I received a 50% scholarship to go, but rest of the tuition, travel costs, and the time I would be away and unable to work, were all stumbling blocks to making my dream a reality. Some friends suggested I start a crowd-funding campaign, and so I did. The results were amazing! Support poured in at such an amazing speed that I reached my goal within a few days. I feel very loved, supported and seen by many people in my past and current communities.

(The account is still active because it runs the set number of days you state at the beginning of the campaign, regardless of contributions. So, if you feel you too would like to donate above and beyond the goal amount, I would like to offer the same perks to you and let you know that the funds will go towards printing copies of Robert E. Livingood's and my second book, Kid's Story, which will be sent out to contributors.) 



I want to take a minute to personally and publicly thank all the people who came together to help make this fundraiser complete so incredibly quickly. I promised everyone who donated that they would get a multi-social-media shout-out, and I would like to fulfill that, starting first on Fundrazr and Facebook, and now here on my blog. A HUGE thank-you to Kori, Rob, Linda Rae, Grigg, Peggy, Sara, Shauna, Jodie, Shelly and Ian, Ellie, Mich, Heather, Thom, Manj, Erin, Sam, Jenn, Eliza, Seonaid, Neith, Trevor and Clare, Carolynne, Pete, Maiya, Radka, Brendan, Tarra, Simone, Bernice and an anonymous, but very "Nice Person".
THANK YOU! <3


https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3mTz6/ab/93TaZe?fb_action_ids=10154308983125457&fb_action_types=fundrazr%253Astory_update

No comments:

Post a Comment