Friday, March 11, 2011

Tinder bundles and water collection.

I woke up this morning, poured of cup of dangerously dark french press, and sat down to watch Democracy Now with my lover.  Shit has been crazy lately.  I was never one to pay attention to politics or the news, in fact I put in a concerted effort to avoid hearing or talking about either of them.  I figured focusing locally was more important, and therefore engaged in a form of denial about things outside of my immediate intake parameters.  Somehow, in the last year, that's all changed.  I've become quite informed, so to speak, even though in reality I probably only scrape the surface with my knowledge.  Either way, as far as I am concerned, this last few weeks has been pivotal in international news...  riots, protesting... today an 8.9 earthquake and tsunami hit Tokyo and threatened to also affect a large portion of the Pacific Basin...  Wisconsin just had their right to bargain removed after 25 days of protesters sleeping in the capital building....
I feel a little stunned... I sip my coffee, goddamn it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment